The performance appraisal process is an important process implemented by departments in various forms of establishments and is keen to include all organizational levels in the facility. The success of the performance appraisal depends on achieving its goal in an accurate and systematic manner, by activating the role of the participation of all parties associated with this process.
The performance appraisal process contributes to building trust between employees and the organization. In this article, we will show you all the details about performance appraisal and how CorporateStack can help you in evaluating performance in your organization.
It is the process by which a comprehensive analysis and review of the employee’s work in the company are carried out during a specified period of time. Which could be a month, a quarter, a half year, or a whole year.
This is based on the responsibilities of his job, with the aim of evaluating the effectiveness of the employee’s performance of his job responsibilities and contributing to the achievement of organizational goals. Conducting it is a factor on which managers make decisions; Such as promoting employees based on the quality of their work, or adjusting salaries in light of performance.
Therefore, the performance appraisal process helps in making organizations evaluate the performance of employees in a proper manner. So that they verify the benefits of employees, superiors, human resource management, and the organization as a whole.
What are the elements of performance appraisal?
The performance appraisal process consists of a set of basic elements, the most important of which are as follows:
- Defining expectations, by setting employers’ expectations or goals that employees are supposed to achieve within a specified period of time.
- Measurement and evaluation, through which the performance of employees is tracked and compared with pre-set standards, and the factors affecting the level of performance are understood. In addition to knowing the factors that contribute to employee motivation.
- Providing feedback, through which the employer can discuss with employees the possible ways to achieve the organizational goal effectively and efficiently, and train each employee individually.
- Recording the performance, within the framework of the feedback provided to it, helps in measuring the effectiveness of the feedback.
Most important performance criteria for appraisal
A set of evaluation criteria is set and the extent to which the employee fulfills them is considered in order to reach a final rate that helps in making a decision about it.
The following points are the basic criteria used in the performance appraisal process:
- Achieving goals.
- Productivity level.
- Initiative and motivation.
- Teamwork and leadership skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Compliance with company procedures.
Best Systems by CorporateStack
CorporateStack systems can help you evaluate the performance of your employees in your company using the best software and systems based on modern technology. With CorporateStack systems, you will be able to meet all local and global compliance issues.
CorporateStack provides you with all the systems that will help you manage every aspect of your HR activities with high efficiency.